Skip to content

Employment & Training

Adult Basic Education Program

Assists adults who wish to prepare for their GED or HSED.  Also helps those who wish to prepare for college or post-secondary education.

Who is Served:  Anyone 18 or older

Program Offered:  Fond du Lac & Winnebago Counties

Contact:  920-539-0548

Skills Enhancement Program

Assists participants to access educational opportunities which will increase their income and enhance their marketable skills. 

Who is Served:  Adults who are working at least 20 hours a week and are at or below 150% of the federal poverty level. To see Federal poverty guidelines click here.
Helps meet needs with:
* Career planning goals
* Certification / Training Course fees
* Books, Transportation, and Child Care
* Job Placement Services

Program Offered:  Fond du Lac, Winnebago and Green Lake Counties

Contact:  920-922-7760 ext. 3596



ADVOCAP's front desk staff can issue work permits from 3 office locations:

Fond du Lac, at 19 W. 1st St. (920) 922-7760

Oshkosh, at 2929 Harrison St. (920) 426-0150

Neenah, at 181 E. North Water St. (920) 725-2791

To obtain a work permit, either the minor alone or the minor and a parent must visit the permit officer (front desk staff), taking with them:

  • the minor's birth certificate or other proof of age

  • the minor's social security card

  • letter from the employer expressing intent to hire, on employer's regular letterhead, describing:

    • job duties

    • hours of work

  • a written parent's consent

  • a $10.00 permit fee

Proof of Minor's Age

We may accept a valid operator's license or an identification card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation as proof of a minor's age. This means that we may now accept either a duly attested birth certificate, a verified baptismal certificate, or a driver’s license or photo ID card issued by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

For the Employer - Permit Fee Requirement

The employer must reimburse the $10.00 permit fee to the minor by no later than the date of the first paycheck.

Copies of the permit go to the employer and the minor, in addition to the school district where the minor is enrolled."


Wisconsin website design by BrownBoots Interactive, Inc.